[vox] [OT] Beer (was Solaris, Oracle etc.)

John McDonnell vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

On the 1st day of August, David Hummel said to me:

> Harp is nice.

Used to not be as good. They changed the formula a good few years back to
make it less harsh.

> I used to think that it was Harp and Guinness for a 'black and tan'
> (since their both Irish, made by Guinness), but I've been corrected
> (it's Bass and Guinness)

Well, to be perfectly correct, a Black and Tan is Guinness and
*Smithwick's*.  Smithwick's is a Guinness product similar to Bass, but is
much better IMHO. Unfortunately, Bass and Guinness are imported into the
US by the same company.

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | microb.us  - +1-916-683-2276 (home) .