[vox] May 19th meeting - Dinner party? LAN party?

Nicole Carlson vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:03:16 -0700

Up spake Jim on Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 06:52:24PM -0700:
> ummmm....what is a lan party?  I know what a lan is and I have played a lot
> of games w/ my kids on a lan but never had a party on one.  Is there ice
> cream and cake as well?  Or is it more oriented for the older crowd and be
> supplemented w/ lots of beer?

It is, basically, a big temporary LAN set up for the purpose of game-playing.

15 or 20 geeks each bring his/her own computer and crossover cable.  The host
provides a hub/switch and, of course, snax und bier.  Everyone plays networked
Quake, or whatever the game of choice is.

A chance to kill your friends in a general atmosphere of merriment!

--nicole twn

***
"The next example has often been used by unscrupulous probability students
to win money from their less enlightened friends."--my statistics
textbook
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital drivel for a weary world.