[vox] Re-joining the uemployed, looking for work.

Matt vox@lists.lugod.org
17 Apr 2003 16:39:35 -0700

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 16:07, Ted Deppner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:52:05AM -0700, Matt wrote:
> >   Now my tenure as a temp is over I am back looking for work...
> >
> > Unfortunately lacking any degree (even non recognized Anglo ones) puts
> > me at a huge disadvantage, and having a non working wife this could be
> > painful...
>
> Keeping us (who maybe don't know you too well) in suspense about what you
> can do probably isn't a good idea either.
>
> So... what can you do?
>
> I have some lawns that need cutting at my home, and (on the more serious
> side) I'm looking for a strong linux system admin and quality perl
> programmer at my employer... www.surewest.com, look at "jobs".  Is this
> you?

Only started learning to Perl awhile ago, still in the basic level along
with most of my programming skills :). Looking for more Junior type sys
admin, enough of  challenge with room to grow. Going to avoid HelpDesk
type jobs as most I have been in don't offer much in advancement (of
course there are exceptions).

What can I do? Admin, some Perl (some C++), but mainly sys admin
stuff.Need more of course, always needs more. Over the next few days I
shall be reviewing what I know and brush up on things too.

Again thanks,

Matt