[vox] [OT] renters question - "snooping" landlord

Steven Peck vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:40:51 -0700

Maybe something here on landlord, but IIRC they have to give 24 hour =
notice
period.  you reside in the property and you have a resonable expectation =
of
privacy in the backyard as well.  As long as they give notice properly, =
then
they can do it, but just stopping by won't cut it.  Call your local city
hall, I suspect Davis is more rententive about this issue and they =
should be
able to direct you to some resources as well.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/landlordbook/index.html

Also, when you pop open the demarc box, the the cable you test in is
generally the actual connection to the house.  When you test this and =
still
find static, mention this fact explicitly to SBCBell.  Also, get the =
time,
name and contents of ALL conversations with anyone over thematter and =
the
ticket number.  Record them in a notebook and carry it around until the =
issue
is resolved.  It bothers them when you do that. =20

Other tip:  If they keep saying 'Not my dept's issue" and they want to
transfer you, ask for a 'warm' handoff based on run-around issues in the
past.  You'll be on hold longer, but THEY have to find someone who'll =
take
the issue.

-sp