[vox] OT: A programming challenge involving XML

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 16:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've gotten myself involved in a project which is going to involve a lot
of XML documents being sent back and forth.  At least one step of the
process will involve transforming the data in an XML document into data in
a relational database.

In a word: yipes.

Has anyone had any experience doing this sort of transformation?  If so,
where can I find some good resources -- links, books, etc. -- that I can
look at (that would be good for a beginner)?  I've got a copy of _Learning
XML_ by Eric Ray, printed by O'Reilly, but it doesn't seem to delve into
enough depth.

Any suggestions or words from wisdom or counsel would be appreciated --
though I've already taken the two aspirin and lay down for the feeling to
pass (it didn't).

Thanks in advance,

Richard

--