[vox-tech] (forw) Re: Linux Computer Infected

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 3 16:57:30 PDT 2018

Seems to have been intended to be posted, rather than sent just to me in
private mail.

----- Forwarded message from Bob Scofield <scofield at omsoft.com> -----

Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 09:23:47 -0700
From: Bob Scofield <scofield at omsoft.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Linux Computer Infected

Since Rick expresses skepticism for antivirus companies in this post,
I'll use this one to report on my latest discovery.

The problem with my computer started after I updated to the latest
version of ESET antivirus for Linux.  The only thing I had not done
to get my re-install finished was to re-install ESET.  So this
morning I did.  And after the install the problem reappeared.
Cinnamon and Thunderbird would crash.  Firefox was completely
unusable.  So I uninstalled ESET and now everything is back to
normal.

Bob