[vox-tech] configure interface for tagged vlans with openvswitch

Brian E. Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Jan 15 15:38:35 PST 2018

I put openvswitch on Debian. If I connect the machine up to a regular
lan with no vlans, I can configure an IP address with the following it
will show br0 getting an IP address.

llow-ovs br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
   ovs_type  OVSBridge
   ovs_ports eth0

allow-br0 eth0
iface eth0 inet manual
   ovs_bridge br0
   ovs_type OVSPort

But, I have another setup where the wire coming in on eth0 has trunked
vlans. I would like to have some sort of network interface that connects
to vlan 1 on the trunk. I have yet to figure this out. Any tips?

Thanks,

brian
--
Brian Lavender