[vox-tech] Vendors for Laptop Battery Replacement

Brian E. Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri Mar 11 22:43:38 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 08:15:29PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Anyone have recommendations on companies that sell reasonably priced
> laptop batteries? Not el cheapos that are likely to catch on fire.
>
> I'm looking to replace a 9 cell battery on a Lenovo T410 (6 yrs old I
> think). So far Lenovo is $160

Sounds like time for a new battery!

> Best candidate for a sane purchase is $90
> http://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/Lenovo-9-cell-battery-Edge-14-Edge-15-SL410-p/len-15xt.htm

Seems ok is about right. I bought a couple batteries from them and it seemed that
one worked well, and the other was "ok". Maybe I didn't cycle it right, but I remember
contacting them about it and I got a "dead line". I think it was for one of the clunker
Thinkpad T60s I bought off ebay. I usually use them on charger.

The batteries from https://www.batteriesplus.com worked well. You can
use the coupon code CDP10011 on their website to order online and pick
up at the store. Looks like they have it for 95 bucks and a 9 dollar
discount! The charger they had was "so" "so". I assume you have a charger.