[vox-tech] Change to vox-tech list moderation

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Jun 26 16:44:00 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 02:09:14AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net):
>
> > Well, this wasn't clearing of Mailman's queue, but of my inbox.
> > (Technically, a mailbox that slurps up all of the mailman administrative
> > noise, via a good ol' procmail filter)
>
> I do sympathise.
>
> Personally, I've gotten really quick at quick-scanning and deleting
> (usually) the Mailman held-message notices a couple of times a day that
> accumulate in mbox ~/inboxes/lists .  A few seconds and I'm done -- even
> though I listadmin a whole bunch of Mailman lists for a half-dozen-ish
> domains.

My problem was that the subject lines were all the same: a generic
message telling me something got auto-discarded.

Some Mutt trickery to highlight "Subject:" lines within the body of
messages helped [1], and heavy use of pattern matching features of
Mutt to find spammy keywords (e.g., "~b rolex") [2] helped...  but it was
still Work(tm), and I've got enough of that in my life already. ;)

> But I wasn't being critical, just pointing out something sometimes
> missed.

Appreciated!

[1] Like so, in my ~/.mutt/muttrc

color body   brightgreen black "^    Subject: "
color body   brightgreen black "^Subject: "

[2] These, and friends:
 * l limit
 * D delete-pattern

Sent from my computer