[vox-tech] ExoPC Tablet accelerometer rotation

Darth Borehd darth.borehd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:17:51 PDT 2016

I got a free ExoPC tablet.  The Windows 8 OS on it was messed up, so I
installed Ubuntu 16.04 on it.

So far the touch screen works and I can use the Onboard on-screen KB.  I
can also get a wireless keyboard/mouse working as it has a couple USB
slots.

What I can't get working is the automatic screen rotation.  I know it has
an accelerometer in it that can detect screen position, but I need to find
software that will work for it.

I tried upgrading to Unity 8 through the packages but still no joy.

Is there another distro that has accelerometer screen rotation already
baked in?  If not, any suggestions on getting it to work in Ubuntu?