[vox-tech] Available instructions for UC Davis vpn?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jan 12 08:57:24 PST 2016

On 01/11/2016 05:19 PM, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I was trying to use the vpn for the US Davis library, but it seems more
> complicated on Linux, given that it seems to rely on a specific client,
> Network Connect, which seems only indirectly available under Linux:
> https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/ul/services/connect/
>
> Before doing too much experimentation, I was wondering whether anyone has
> been able to use this vpn, and could share advices and guidance?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Matthieu

I use the UC Davis library proxy and VPN all the time. Nothing linux
specific. Note the VPN is in browser https://vpn.lib.ucdavis.edu/

I see from your link that they now have a 2nd VPN which is actually
client software. I haven't tried this before. I suspect there is a
compatible VPN client in the Linux world that just needs configuration
settings. Will have to ask around if that information is available. For
now just try using the in browser methods.

Thanks,
Alex