[vox-tech] dkim on vox-tech

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Apr 30 18:27:25 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 09:48:58AM -0700, Brian E. Lavender wrote:
> I talked to one our members and he said he didn't get a message
> fromt he vox-tech list that he sent. He has a gmail account.
> I have a mail server I manage that is connected to Comcast business
> and I had to implement dkim on outbound messages so that they would
> make it to gmail. I wonder if we need to put dkim on the vox mailing
> list?

Can you confirm that it didn't get to the list?  (Check archives)

Stupid question, but is he subscribed?  Most vox-* lists just discard
junk from non-subscribers -- it doesn't even hold them.  (I only do
that for vox-jobs@ (and maybe one other) since it's more likely
to get drive-by posts, and isn't much of a "discussion" list.)

If I _happen_ to look and notice an actual legin email from a
non-subscriber, I fwd it to the list on their behalf (and I typically
point out "they sent it from a non-subscribed address" at the top).
USUALLY it's someone trying to post to the list, who is subscribed
under a different email address than the one they actually tried to
post from.

Thanks,