[vox-tech] perl rename

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 3 18:13:11 PDT 2015

Quoting Mark's tech help (markindavis at hush.com):

> Reason: I'm running my usual, minimalist distro! (Busybox does too
> many things on this.)  You..  you lucky, decked-out full-installation
> people, you!  But really, mmv looks great-- will have to install it.
> Thanks for the tip.

Yr. welcome.

mmv is one of numerous ways of filling the functionality-hole that
newcomers to Unix from MS-DOS inevitably found perplexing (back in the
day).  The difference lies in the way arguments get processed.  Unix
shells expand globs before passing the arguments off to the called
executables.  The MS-DOS COMMAND.COM shell did not.