[vox-tech] Wi-fi issue

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:14:05 PDT 2015

We just bought a new desk top PC for my wife, running Win-7.
She normally has lots of USB stuff  attached but I started by only
connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse (wireless). Booted up fine and I
left
it to my wife to set name, password and such. Then she told me it was
downloading tons of updates from MSN. But how?? I hadn't connected
the LAN. So it was connected by wi-fi. For a while I was afraid it had
connected to an open AP that shows up here sometimes. But no,
it was connected to our AP. But we never entered the pass phrase.
We checked at the router to verify. Its set up for WPA2 and WPS is
disabled. Also there a lot more devices connected than I could imagine.
Some I recognize like our androids (and entered pass phrase on)
but there are others that I don't know what they are.

How is it possible to connect without the pass phrase??
Richard