[vox-tech] wpa_supplicant on debian jessie

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 18:53:20 PDT 2015

This is happening on two different laptops. One is using a usb wifi fob
with realtek chip set. My new laptop
uses intel wifi. I use wicd to select and bring up a connection. The first
try always takes a very long time
and fails with bad password. If I then immediately click connect again, it
connects in 1 or 2 seconds and remains
connected for a variable length of time. At starbucks (open AP) it connects
right away but disconnects
4 to 6 seconds later. I haven't tried all permutations of machine and AP
but a recent debian seems to be the
main common point. Problem started on the old machine after upgrading to
sid. And now the new machine is
installed with jessie. (which was sid when the old machine was upgraded)
Its on my new machine I noticed the log files
growing and saw entries for wpa_supplicant every few seconds (syslog and
daemon.log)
Richard