[vox-tech] Package file invalid error when installing android apps

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Mar 31 11:11:40 PDT 2013

On 03/31/2013 10:48 AM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:35:04AM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
>> I keep getting the "Package File Invalid" error when I try to install apps
>> on my android. I tried clearing caches and data, but I can not seem to
>> get any apps to install. I have a Samsung R910 from Metro PCS with the
>> Basix for R910.  I am attempting to install apps over wifi as I don't have
>> service on this phone anymore.
>>
>> http://androidforums.com/indulge-all-things-root/381732-rom-r910-basix-1-0-aitos-revenge-speed-battery-smoothness-customizability-7-24-11-a.html
>>
>> Any tips?
>
> How do I get the apk package files for applications? I am thinking I can
> just use adb to install them.

What method are you trying to use right now? Google Play?
Wifi should not be a factor.
I'm not sure there is an easy way to extract apk from the Google Play
webpages, it mostly should be about finding the url to grab the file.

I can give you an apk to try side loading (need allow 3rd party app
installation enabled).
http://www.wildlifecrossing.net/california/android

Thanks,
Alex