[vox-tech] Clusters, renderfarms and MySQL, LAN projects using more than one Linux at a time

pksky at finestplanet.com pksky at finestplanet.com
Sat Mar 2 09:35:34 PST 2013

Hello:

For a while, I've been looking for an excuse to use my LAN for implementing clusters of one kind or another.  First, I've got some MySQL projects that are taking a lot of time to work.  They are huge matrix problems and so far, have been incomplete even after 12 hours of processing.  I know that MySQL can be distributed across several different computers (asymmetric replication?) and so there is one project.  But also it might be possible to distribute MySQL across several Linux machines in a Linus cluster and maybe both at the same time.

Finally, I've done some tinkering with Blender and would like to try my hand at hosting my own renderfarm, especially one distributed across several Linux machines.  Please don't tell me about all the renderfarms already out there, I know, I would like to install my own.

Does anyone have a comprehensive view of these technologies and the potential for a non-professional for installing them?

Paul Pikowsky
Davis, CA

Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.