[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 29 15:37:32 PDT 2012

The second partition is usually swap. The old method I was using to
manage them was swap unaware and for simplicity sake I didn't want to
have to remember what swap went with what (I have 8 active and about the
same amount of inactive vms, some of which are file based and some are
lvm).

My newer setup with ganeti seems to be more swap savy, and I could
always run these machines without it. Not really sure what happens if
you max ram on a vm without a swap partition.

Even if it was just one partition though, I still need the boot flag set
on it and the partition table present for grub to work.

Thanks,
Alex