[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

timriley at appahost.com timriley at appahost.com
Tue May 29 11:55:31 PDT 2012

My general impression regarding backups is you can either
traverse the filesystem's directories or do an image dump.
Historically, these have been mutually exclusive. Of course,
dd (data-dump) is the later and will not know whether a block
belongs to a directory's file.

> But I'd like to figure out the syntax to do that with partclone because
> it's more efficient than dd.

Backups also have progressed faster than I can keep up. Maybe there is
an image dump program that knows to check the filesystem's directory
to see if each block used. I found this page that might perform this
function.

http://partclone.org/usage_all.html
Press the <dd> link.