[vox-tech] [Lug-nuts] Secure Wiping hard drives

Darth Borehd darth.borehd at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:00:35 PDT 2012

Anything requiring power tools, sledgehammers, drills, or small bits flying
off is vetoed by the company HR due to safety.  Shotgun is *WAY* out.
(Except for maybe the Texas office).

Vinegar?  Would that really work?  I imagine HR would say no the hydrogen
waste gas too, if not the smell would disrupt the office workers in the
next room.

DBAN takes 2 to 3 hours but is thorough.

And it looks like repartitioning is about as secure as putting a yellow
sticker on it that says "erased".

:/