[vox-tech] Secure Wiping hard drives

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri May 11 11:03:35 PDT 2012

I second DBAN.  Writing zeros may seem effective and probably can be in
certain cases, but if you think about it, all those zeros could easily
be represented in one small portion and the remainder be the old data.
There is no way to store random data in a caching mechanism, so
it would have to clear the drive. You might also consider scrub. It
is maintained by Jim Garlick at LLNL.

http://code.google.com/p/diskscrub/