[vox-tech] Weird ppp dialup problem -- switch to DSL?

Margo Schulter mschulter at calweb.com
Thu Jun 7 00:31:32 PDT 2012

First, thanks to ME for a very thoughtful list of debugging
possibilities on the modem situation, which I'm just now
reading while back online -- on DSL. And thanks to all of
you who offered your helpful impressions and suggestions.

Debugging the dialup situation could be still helpful,
because this service is still supported as part of my
DSL contract with Calweb.

Happily, the DSL service so far seems very smooth,
and I gave Tech Support my MAC address a bit before
doing the very simple hardware installation and getting
online!

This experience reminds me of how important LUGOD and
other user groups are! It reminds me of the value
of Vox-Tech. Thanks to all who make it possible.

Most appreciatively,

Margo Schulter
mschulter at calweb.com