[vox-tech] Ubuntu - Google Earth

John Reynolds jreyn at dcn.org
Thu Aug 23 09:01:34 PDT 2012

Friends,

I have installed Google Earth 6.0xxx on Ubuntu system on old Dell 4500 box.
Things seem to work but I am unable to resolve one little quirk.
The first time I click on any photo icon a 'Panormio' frame appears as does
the related photo as one would expect.  After closing image all subsequent
attempts at displaying a photo image display the outermost frame but the
image area is transparent showing Google sattelite image.  Is this a but in
Google Earth??  or do I have something screwed up in various configuration
settings?  I'm a newbie so please bare with me.

Here are the dumps from some config utilities that I occasionally see
referenced:
lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02)

lshw -C video

  *-display
       product: 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
       version: 02
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:16 memory:e8000000-efffffff memory:feb80000-febfffff
ioport:ed98(size=8)
Any tips would be most appreciated.
jreyn at dcn.org