[vox-tech] Has anyone done an VT-D box running windows and GNU/LInux

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Thu Aug 16 23:32:48 PDT 2012

It appears with VT-d, that I should be able to allow guest virtual
machines direct but managed access to the hardware. Is it possible to
hot swap the video from one vm and give it to another vm? I am thinking
of building a machine with Windows 7 and Myth TV. I would like to run
Netflix, yet have Myth TV too. Have any of you been working with VT-d?

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/VTdHowTo

Here is the board and CPU I am looking at.
http://ark.intel.com/products/59044/Intel-Desktop-Board-DQ77MK
Core i5-3470

brian
--