[vox-tech] menu for ubuntu 11.04

Bill Broadley bill at broadley.org
Tue Sep 27 00:52:01 PDT 2011

On 09/26/2011 11:04 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> From my 5 minutes of using it I believe the ubuntu logo in the upper
> right minimizes windows. Can't recall though I have a keyboard shortcut
> for it.
>
> FYI, I also recommend the compiz-settings-manager. So you can tweak
> things like not maximizing if you happen to move a window to the top of
> the screen (It's in the Grid Manager).

I wouldn't recommend compiz-settings-manager, or at least without
backups first.  Seems like ubuntu crippled compiz in many strange ways
for unity, so many of the previously working settings result in an
unusable desktop.

I've heard that unity has caused some market share losses for ubuntu, I
hope they smarten up and improve (or ditch) unity significantly.  Seems
great for a 7-10" netbook type system, but far from optimal if you have
a large or *gasp* dual monitor setup.