[vox-tech] Slow Clock- New Battery

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Sat Oct 22 17:06:27 PDT 2011

Earlier this year I noticed that my computer clock was slow so I put in
a new battery.  Recently I noticed that the clock still runs slow.
Sometimes the clock is at the right time when I turn the computer on.

I've Googled this problem and learned that one cause of a slow clock
might be a defect in a memory resident program.  I can live with a slow
clock.  My question is this:

Can a slow clock be a symptom of something serious; like a motherboard
going out?

I want to know if I have to be thinking about getting a new computer.

Thank you.

Bob