[vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Oct 17 11:23:18 PDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 09:31 AM, Cam Ellison wrote:
> On 11-10-17 09:10 AM, Darth Borehd wrote:
>> Yep, this is why I am still on 10.10.
>>
>> What were thinking?� Is Jono really OK with this?
>>
> This is one of the reasons I stick with Kubuntu. No sign of Unity there
> - not that is obvious, in any case.
>
> Cheers
>
> Cam

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3926371/Jono-Bacon-Defends-Ubuntu-An-Insiders-Perspective.htm

Let's not give in to that war, gave up on KDE long ago for various
obnoxious features, never liked Kubuntu to start due to it's K* suite of
stuff and other default packages, but did give it a whorl as KDE on top
of Ubuntu install. I'd say it works for some but not for the people who
have generally liked Gnome.

So yes if you dislike unity and you've never tried KDE I do suggest to
give it a shot.

Thanks,
Alex