[vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Sun Oct 16 17:32:37 PDT 2011

On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, Rod Roark wrote:
> Wow, lots of comments from unhappy Ubuntu users there.
>
> Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>
>     Since this one is likely to bite a few people very quickly.
>     http://www.webupd8.org/2011/08/installing-using-classic-gnome-desktop.html

	And I will add to the list of not really happy with the new
	version.

	Even with going back to the Gnome classic they have screwed
	things up.

	1) I can't find out how to disable the keyboard inactivity
	check. I don't want it to dim the display just because I'm not
	typing.

	2) The old system menu is moved and is not as good.

	3) I like the top panel with it's apps. I have not found how to
	get back to those apps.

	4) I have not found out how to change the theme from their
	default theme to one I like better.

	Just a number of small things which there may be solutions
	but I feel they really screwed up with things they should never
	have touched in order to force us into this new brain damage
	way of thinking.

							Tony