[vox-tech] bibtex: get rid of ISSN, URL, DOI, etc from references

Thomas Johnston trjohnston at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 12 15:12:51 PDT 2011

I am having the same problem as described here (i.e., I get unwanted
URL's, DOI's, etc. in my references):

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/23117/biblatex-get-rid-of-issn-urls-and-dois-in-references

I am fairly new to LaTeX and I don't understand the proposed solution
and was wondering if someone could explain it more fully.
Where should I use the options doi=false,isbn=false,url=false?
What is "the manual" referred to in the solution?

I don't know if it matters or not, but I use bibtex (not biblatex
mentioned in the link).

If it helps, I have a default installation of texlive2011 (obtained
from the CTAN website). I edit and compile tex documents using vim and
vim-latexsuite. The bibliography style files I would like to use is
named "unsrtnat". The only thing I have in my preamble that I think
might possibly affect the citations is the line:
\usepackage[square,comma,numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}

Thomas