[vox-tech] Problems with missing 'missing' file

Eric Lin notapplicable.haha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:22:29 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 03:43:54PM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a firmware flashing app (I have a MultiTech modem
> with a motorboating problem, and the firmware upgrade is said to be the
> answer) and keep running into the same error.  The app was developed for
> OSX, but the notes say it will run on Linux.

> I have seen a suggestion that running dos2unix will deal with those
> $'\r' lines, but dos2unix thinks it's a binary file.

I downloaded the source for this app and ran dos2unix on all the files.
Afterward, I had to modify a few of the source files' headers to get it
to actually compile. Also, I have automake-1.11, but make wanted
automake-1.10 and aclocal-1.10, so I just made symlinks in my ~/bin
folder.

Steps:
Run:
cd flashwiz-src_3.0.0.0
dos2unix *

You might also need to run these in a folder specified in $PATH:
ln -s `which aclocal` aclocal-1.10
ln -s `which automake` automake-1.10

Edit options.cpp
Under the Include Files section, add:
#include <stdlib.h>
This fixes the error where the compiler can't find atoi().

Edit ospfl.cpp
Under the Include Files section, add:
#include <malloc.h>
This fixes the error where the compiler can't find malloc().

Edit osunix.cpp
Under the Include Files section, add:
#include <cstdlib>
This should help the compiler find the free function.