[vox-tech] Caught in an infinite login loop

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Wed Jun 1 09:19:32 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 06:07 -0700, Dr. Denny Scronek wrote:
> This is my second shot at this. Posting, that is. My laptop is caught
> in an infinite login loop ...won't except my password. Not a wrong
> password/CAPSLOCK problem that I can see. Any takers? Running xubuntu.

If you Google this problem you will find about six different
explanations for login loop.  Here is the solution that worked for me.

1)  Do what Alex says and boot with a live CD.

2)  Mount your xubuntu partition.

3)  Go to /usr/share/X11/xorg.donf.d/ and create a file called
"xorg.conf"

In xorg.conf put the following:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

I'm probably the only person on this lists who has no idea what all of
this means.  But it worked.

If someone on this list wants to interpret what I've put here, I'd be
interested in learning.

Thanks.

Bob