No subject

Mon Jan 31 21:22:09 PST 2011

In /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/001-dirac.org:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin p at dirac.org
   ServerName  www.dirac.org
   ServerAlias www.dirac.org dirac.org satan

   DirectoryIndex index.html
   DocumentRoot /www/dirac

   LogLevel debug
   ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/dirac.org.error
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/dirac.org.access combined
</VirtualHost>

And in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/002-iuselinux.org:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin p at dirac.org
   ServerName  www.iuselinux.org
   ServerAlias www.iuselinux.org iuselinux.org

   DirectoryIndex index.html
   DocumentRoot /www/iuselinux

   LogLevel debug
   ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/iuselinux.org.error
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/iuselinux.org.access combined
</VirtualHost>

I worked my ass off to get rid of the "NameVirtualHost *:80 has no
virtual host" error messages.  I'm no expert, but this looks right to
me.

4. hosts
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
It almost feels like Apache doesn't recognize that http requests from
born.ucdavis.edu are coming in for dirac.org, so it ignores these
requests.  So perhaps the problem is some other file having to do with
server identification.  Here is the contents of /etc/hostname:

satan

and /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1    localhost
192.168.0.1  azazel
192.168.0.2  satan
192.168.0.2  dirac.org
192.168.0.2  www.dirac.org
192.168.0.3  lucifer

192.68.0.50  mara
192.68.0.51  demogorgon
192.68.0.52  belial
192.68.0.53  orcus
192.68.0.54  jublex
192.68.0.55  asmodeus

I'm at a complete loss here.  I'd really appreciate some help here.  I
really don't know what to do next.  I've collected a bunch of data,
but can't figure out where to go from here.

Thanks!
Pete