[vox-tech] Schematics for motherboard

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Fri Dec 30 12:11:37 PST 2011

On 12/29/2011 01:13 PM, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> I spent all morning searching for motherboard schematics, without any
> luck. This is the most information I could find regarding a
> replacement MB:
>
> http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/510553748/Laptop_motherboard_for_DELL_Vostro_1500.html
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to identify the damaged
> component? And perhaps where to get a replacement part?

	Back in the middle of Oct. my computer stopped accepting AC
	input at all. Much like your problem I could not charge my
	battery. Since then I have been given an external charger and a
	couple of extra batteries. This has helped get me along until I
	was able to afford to order a replacement motherboard
	(refurbished).

	I was able to get the motherboard from:
	http://www.parts-people.com
	Their prices are fair. And they are one of the few people who
	carry motherboards for Dells. They also will repair them. Base
	price is $100 + parts.

	I might suggest you look at their website and if possible order
	a board.

							Tony