[vox-tech] procmail question

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Thu Oct 21 10:27:01 PDT 2010

On 10/21/2010 09:59 AM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Does this move the email to my mailbox IN.olpc-social if it is To: olpc-social at googlegroups.com?
>
> :0
> * ^To:.*olpc-social at googlegroups.com
> IN.olpc-social
>
> I see some recipes that have the following on the first line.
>
> :0:

	It should.

	The rule ':0:' is used to not to continue on to the next rule
	if there is a match on the test. So think of it as.

	if {$TO_ADDRESS == "*olpc-social at googlegroup.com") {
		save_to(olpc_social);
		exit;
	}

	if you use ":0" then it is test the next rule in your
	.procmailrc file. Typical if you use a number of rules with
	the ":0" format then the very last rule in your file would
	be ":0:". Thank of it as the end of a large cast statement.

	Speaking of procmail. From my understanding this project is
	really no longer being maintained. But if you ask around it
	is still being used. If someone is looking for a project for
	school, Procmail could really use a rewrite.

							Tony