[vox-tech] Linux 10.4 update problems

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 23 00:32:11 PST 2010

I just upgraded to linux 10.4 from linux 9.10 and am having problems with
running programs and looking at directories in the terminal.

For instance the command ls should give me all the contents of the directory
that I am in.  However, this is what I get when I enter ls:

snyderjm at snyderjm-laptop:/$ ls
Command 'ls' is available in '/bin/ls'
The command could not be located because '/bin' is not included in the PATH
environment variable.
ls: command not found

Can you please help me resolve this issue ASAP so that I can start working
with programs that are on my desktop and also on my external hard drives
from within the terminal?  These include many fortran based programs.

Thanks,

Jason