[vox-tech] lib2gc installation problems

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at ucdavis.edu
Sun Nov 21 19:27:56 PST 2010

I am running a file that needs the lib2gc installed.  Hence the error
message below:

gfortran -I. -fcray-pointer -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -o rip
addorfill.o adjellip.o angle.o barb.o bes.o bogs.o brnshr.o bshear.o
bvfricalc.o capecalc3d.o ceilingcalc.o colram.o colrln.o condheat.o
contrive2.o cpchhl.o cpchll.o cpcolr.o cpmpxy.o createdtg.o cttcalc.o
dbzcalc.o refmos2calc.o refmos3calc.o ddpcalc.o ddx.o ddy.o derivc.o
drawcl.o driver.o egridfill.o eqthecalc.o extingcalc.o fields.o fillarray.o
finterp.o finterp2d.o fregcalc.o frtitle.o fx.o fy.o getbasicvars.o
getbasicvars_newdom.o getchar.o getconvals.o getdash.o getdims.o
getheadinfo.o getheadinfo_newdom.o getinum.o getminfo.o getpt.o getrnum.o
gettimes.o getvar.o getvarinfo.o hboxdraw.o hbulldraw.o hchadraw.o
hcondraw.o hiresmap.o hlinedraw.o hmapdraw.o hodograph.o hsidsdraw.o
hstrdraw.o hticdraw.o htrajdraw.o hvecdraw.o igetcoind.o lennonblank.o
liftparcel.o locinterp.o maptform.o maptick.o mconvert.o mktrjpts.o mlen.o
monotonic.o netasc.o numeric.o omgcalc.o pfcalc.o pltitle.o prcver.o
precprob.o premaptform.o profil.o profvelcalc.o pvocalc.o qgomg.o rdcolt.o
readspec.o relhl.o rhucalc.o ricalc.o rip.o rotipslab.o rotpslab.o
sateqthecalc.o saweli.o scondraw.o seaprs.o setripheader.o smooth.o
smoothcp.o smoothcz.o smoothrain.o srflow.o srflow2.o sstats.o sticdraw.o
sticdraw_polar.o svecdraw.o tdpcalc.o tfpcalc.o thecalc.o tonpsadiabat.o
tserprep.o turb.o typhoon.o unblank.o vbardraw.o vc2dcalc.o vcondraw.o
velbrb.o velvctmts.o vgp.o vinterp.o virtual.o virtualhyd.o viscalc.o
vticdraw.o vtrajdraw.o vvecdraw.o vwinddraw.o wdircalc.o wetbulbcalc.o
writefile.o wspcalc.o xmapcalc.o xtodot.o binio.o v5d.o
-L/media/WRFDisk/WRF3.2/RIP4/netcdf_links/lib -lnetcdf
-I/media/WRFDisk/WRF3.2/RIP4/netcdf_links/include  -L/usr/local/ncarg/lib
-lncarg -lcgm -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6 -lgcc -lg2c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: [rip] Error 1 (ignored)

The only problem is that when I try to install libg2c on my computer I get
the following error message:

snyderjm at snyderjm-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install libg2c0-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libg2c0-dev

I already have gcc on my computer and if I try to update that on my computer
I get the following message:

snyderjm at snyderjm-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install gcc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gcc is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 85 not upgraded.

so it does not look like this needs to be updated.  Can someone please help
me resolve this issue so that I can have libg2c on my computer and run the
program that I need that for?

Thanks,

Jason