[vox-tech] proxy server

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Sun Mar 7 19:43:56 PST 2010

Hai Yi wrote:
> Is it possble to install a proxy server on my home Linux server? What
> I intend to do is to allow some of my friends back in China to access
> some censored website through it (some time they can't even visit
> nyt.com ). What software for Linux can help me achive that goal?

	You can set up any socks proxy server. Any number of socks
	server are out there including squid and privoxy (use with
	tor).

	Best thing to do is set it up so you have a VPN between
	you and your friends and only allow their yours and their
	IPs to have access to squid.

	With squid you can also have it scan for virus so their
	system are protected.

							Tony