[vox-tech] how to separate e-mail spool file into individual messages?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Wed Mar 3 00:16:35 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 06:13:29PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:
> The title says it all.  I want a program x such that I can run something
> like
>
> $ x /var/mail/mine
>
> with the result that all the messages in /var/mail/mine get copied to
> individual files in the current directory.
>
> My guess is that there is an easy answer.  Please let me know.

I did this once and I forget which command I used exactly. Just searched
Google for the following.
"convert mbox to maildir"

http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't
pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going
to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and
then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

-- Bill Gates (Microsoft) 1998