[vox-tech] [netCDF #QCY-964177]: netcdf - 4.0.1 problems

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 1 15:45:33 PST 2010

When I type echo $PATH I get:

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

how under the directory /home/snyderjm/Desktop/netcdf-4.0.1 I have ncdump
and ncgen.  As a matter of fact here is my directory:

snyderjm at snyderjm-laptop:~/Desktop/netcdf-4.0.1$ ls
acinclude.m4   COPYRIGHT       libncdap3    nc-config     netcdf.pc.in
aclocal.m4     cxx             libsrc       nc-config.in  nf_test
compile        cxx4            libsrc4      ncdap.m4      README
config.guess   depcomp         libtool      ncdap_test    RELEASE_NOTES
config.h       examples        ltmain.sh    ncdump        stamp-h1
config.h.in    f90             m4           ncgen         VERSION
config.log     fortran         Makefile     ncgen4        win32
config.status  hdf5-1.8.1      Makefile.am  nctest        zlib-1.2.3
config.sub     hdf5-1.8.1.tar  Makefile.in  nc_test       zlib-1.2.3.tar
configure      INSTALL         man4         nc_test4
configure.ac   install-sh      missing      netcdf.pc

Now when I configure WRF model here is what I get:

snyderjm at snyderjm-laptop:~/Desktop/WRFV3$ ./configure
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... found /usr/bin/perl (perl)
** WARNING: No path to NETCDF and environment variable NETCDF not set.
** would you like me to try to fix? [y]
Enter full path to NetCDF include directory on your system

What do I enter for the netcdf include directory?

Thanks,

Jason