[vox-tech] MySQL Server with failover?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Jun 29 14:14:28 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 01:35:27PM -0700, David Spencer, Internet Handyman wrote:
> I was considering building a server for my rackspace that just provided MYSQL
> database service. Actually, it wouldn't be a server but more likely a cluster
> with a SAN so I could have high-availabilty. Is anybody aware of a vendor that
> already builds such a beast? Or, if I have to roll-my-own, any ideas on the
> best way to go about this?

Check out this book. I am looking at it on Safari. You can go to
Sac State and check the book on their online Safari. Go into the library
and type http://safari.oreilly.com and search for the book.

MySQL High Availability
By: Charles Bell; Mats Kindahl; Lars Thalmann
Publisher: O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Pub. Date: July 16, 2010   Most Recent Edition
Print ISBN-13: 978-0-596-80730-6
Pages in Print Edition: 624

the MySQL page and there are some details about cluster. I am not sure
if it is open source or what the status is. It wanted a login to read
about it. I bet the book above will provide some good details.
http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster/

brian
--
Brian Lavender