[vox-tech] ffmpeg migration to Windows

Hai Yi yihai2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:24:53 PDT 2010

hello all:

I used msys + MinGW to succesfully compile ffmpeg libs into dll files
for windows; my intention is to rewrite ffmpeg.c , which is the ffmpeg
utility for video/audio conversion, into a c++ class for windows, and
create a gui to use it.

the program is about 4000+ lines + dependency, and the options I am thinking of:

1. use Visual C++; I have some experience working with MFC GUI
programming, but I heard that VC++ doesn't support C99 well, and some
data types in ffmpeg.c, like int64_t are C99 standard;

2. Java as GUI, and jni to communicate with C code; I don't have
experience with jni therefore no idea if this is a viable approach;

3. IDE. Anyone ever use C++ platform from Eclipse? If I can't use VC++
for ffmpeg.c, will this platform help? What's the GUI solution in this
case? GTK? I don't have experience in that either.

thanks all!
Hai