[vox-tech] how to find the self-installed libs?

Hai Yi yihai2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:41:09 PDT 2010

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

This is what I've done since after:

1. I haven't figured out how checkinstall works, retry later...
2. tried to run ffmpeg's configure again, with two addtional options "
--libdir=/usr/local/lib --incdir=/usr/local/include " (options can be
found from ./configure --help), the issue persists:

hai at zodiac:~/ffmpeg$ ./configure --mandir=/usr/local/ffmpeg/share/man
--libdir=/usr/local/lib --incdir=/usr/local/include --enable-gpl
--enable-nonfree --enable-avfilter --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaac
--enable-libfaad --enable-libfaadbin --enable-libgsm
--enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
ERROR: libx264 not found

libx264.a is in /usr/local/lib;
x264.h is in /usr/local/include