[vox-tech] Permission Denied Error

Anahita Yazdi atyazdi at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:34:23 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am working on a Mac OS X 10.6.2, I installed a software program through
terminal and wanted to change some details on one of its header files
(extension *.h) however I am getting a permission denied error in terminal
when I open it as a "vi" file. I tried "sudo" but it is still not working.
It is a file that is apparently owned by the root. I tried to disable/enable
the root on this system from apple's official discussion page but the option
"edit" in "Open Directory Utility" is missing. Where else would I be able to
perform such task on my system?
Thanks a bunch,
Anahita