[vox-tech] Fwd: When I boot my server all it says is "GRUB"

David Spencer, Internet Handyman spencer at pageweavers.com
Mon Feb 22 13:54:30 PST 2010

Just getting back to normal now.

As I previously described in my original post, my server halted in the
first boot phase with the message GRUB. Very annoying.

After reading the RHEL manual and booting via the linux rescue disk, I
unsuccessfully tried both /sbin/grub-install and grub-install --recheck.
Eventually I sorted out (with some help from Henry) that it was stuck
at the first phase of booting. So I ran grub manually and recreated the
boot blocks on all members of the raid array. After doing that, the
server came right up.

Thanks to all who offered help.

-- Dave Spencer, PageWeavers