[vox-tech] Ripping Vinyl LPs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 19 09:17:17 PST 2010

The sound bridge is instead of the ion turntable. It's more universal in
that you can hook an audio source to it, cassette, vcr, the turntable
you already have with super good needles...

I'll have to dig for it but one of the built in tools in Audacity can be
used to auto slice when it detects periods that contain no audio, person
 not required.

Yes selecting the right audio input is tricky sometimes, usually takes a
 little tweaking in alsa mixer or another audio panel to make sure the
channel isn't muted and then telling Audacity to use that one.

I'll reiterate, cleaning the vinyl physically will result in the most
quality change in the final recording.

Alex