[vox-tech] Problem with Gigabyte 890FX, Phenom II, and Kubuntu

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 8 15:57:02 PST 2010

Quoting Cam Ellison (cam at ellisonet.ca):

> With regard to the rest of your email (snipped out), I'll try that if
> nothing comes from CTCS.  Two halts five weeks apart doesn't give me
> much to work with.

Yes.  One of the Bad Words that one doesn't really want to hear when
performing diagnosis of any kind, including on computer hardware, is
'intermittant'.

> I did try dmidecode on the PS, but drew a blank, perhaps not
> surprisingly.  On the basis of your instincts, plus my own suspicions
> and previous experience (now that I think about it), I'm beginning to
> suspect the PSU.

Could be.  FWIW, this would be the very first time I'd heard of an Antec
PSU being the root cause of a system problem.  They're really good.
However, there's always a first time.