[vox-tech] [update] Re: ubuntu/linux sound problem

Hai Yi yihai2004 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 13:38:19 PST 2010

I looked at the mplayer console, and it shows this message: "Can't
open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy..."

I did more google, and someone suggest to look into /var/log/message
and I did and found message about pulseaudio, and I removed it from
the processes and the problem is solved.

I consulted this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=313755

anyone here can elaborate on this a little more?

Thanks,
Hai