[vox-tech] a "Bus Error" C++ issue, platform, compiler or STL?

Hai Yi yihai2004 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 09:23:12 PDT 2010

thanks to all:

This is the update. My project is depending on a few home grown
libraries in the company, some were released many yrs ago. Basically,
most if not all libs are built on the top a distributed framework
underlied by tibco RV5 /RV7 tranport layer. These libs have their own
auto generated code from this framework, which is similar to RMI; also
these systems are built and versioned, something like CVS repo.
Anyway, I noticed that my project and the libs that I suppose have
such a auto generated class with same name but different namespace;
the system picks up the first one it encounter and mistakenly use the
api in the second. Still, this is only my best guess.

I made some change accordingly, and the bus error is gone.

This is problem of working on a project which has too many
dependencies which are not well tested - you try to debug your code
but end up hacking into other system, :-(

Thanks again for all interest,
Hai