[vox-tech] Need some help with OpenOffice

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Wed Aug 18 02:33:31 PDT 2010

	I have been working with an online author converting his
	story from his web site to an E-book format for self-publishing.
	I have already created the EPUB version and now I need to
	create a .doc file which will work for SmashWords.com.

	To create the EPUB I started with the authors HTML files and
	went from there. Now for SmashWords he has given me the 16
	.doc files. I need to import them into a single OpenOffice
	file. Use a style for the document (no spaces or table
	for indent) and then export it to a .doc file for uploading
	to SmashWords.

	The file can not be a master document with sub-documents. It
	must be a single document.

	My issue is I hardly know how to use OpenOffice. So if someone
	can tell me how to do this it will saves me hours of doing
	research to learn how. I don't mind doing research but if
	someone will tell me the secret it will save me time.

	On a side note, I have found there are really only 3 and a half
	sites which will accept a self-published book. Lulu.com,
	Amazon and SmashWords which will push their books to other sites
	including Amazon. The half site is Barnes & Nobel which will
	accept EPUBs 'any day now'.

	I look forward to your answers.

							Tony