[vox-tech] Journal recovery on every reboot

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri Apr 23 08:33:29 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 09:03:05AM -0500, Chanoch (Ken) Bloom wrote:
> My laptop (running Debian sid) running EXT-4 journal recovery on every
> reboot, even when I shut down properly.
>
> Any idea why this is happening, and how to fix it?

I would think that the kernel unmounts the root file system at every
shutdown, but I forget where that happens.

I would start by running a rescue disk and attempting to mount and
unmount it. Here are some ext4 commands including a tunefs command, but
it is indicated for ext3 -> ext4 migration.

http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4

brian
--
Brian E. Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"All too often, developers spend a majority of their time integrating
disparate technologies, manually tracking state, struggling to understand
JSF, wrestling with Hibernate exceptions, and constantly redeploying
applications, rather than on the logic pertaining to the business at hand."
- Seam Overview